The model IT542 Impact shares the same features as the model IT406 except that it has an available energy of 542J (400ft.lbf). The IT542 is also supplied complete with automatic motorized return and digital display.
The model IT 542 provides maximum testing versatility. Easy insertion of interchangeable strikers in the pendulum head quickly adapts the machine for either Charpy or Izod testing. Two studs on the rear of the pendulum head allow optional tooling to be attached for performing tension impact tests.
A latch with a safety lock holds the pendulum in its raised position and assures a vibration-free release when activated. Once released, the pendulum quickly reaches the impact velocity of 5.47m/s (17.0ft/s) and has a maximum available energy of 542J (400ft.lbf) to impact the specimen.
The superior design and construction of the model IT542 ensures maximum testing accuracy and repeatability. When the machine is properly installed and levelled, the total frictional and windage losses during the pendulum swing are guaranteed not to exceed 0.5% of the energy range.
Features & Benefits
- Low blow fixture allows Charpy, Izod or tension impact tests to be performed at any of 55 velocity/energy levels from the maximum of 5.47m/s (17.9ft/s) down to 0.13m/s (0.4ft/s)
- Precision, friction compensated, robust test frames
- Digital display option allows test set-up and result display
- Digital display option allows simple connection to PC for full test SPC analysis
- Safety features ensure repetitive secure testing
Options & Accessories
- For high traffic areas, Tinius Olsen can supply a complete enclosure for the machine so that the swinging pendulum and broken specimens do not pose any safety concerns. The enclosure is completely interlocked so that the machine cannot operate unless all the guards are in place