For maximum versatility and capability, Tinius Olsen offers a full range of torsion testing machines in capacities from 10,000-300,000in.lbf or kg.cm (1000-30,000N.m). Higher capacity and other longer length models are available on request.
The 10,000in.lbf (1000 N.m) torsion tester is bench mountable and the moveable section slides on a guide rail. All other models are floorbased and are furnished with heavy duty slotted steel bed rails that are normally embedded in, or secured to, a concrete foundation to assure maximum rigidity and accessibility.
The moveable section on these higher capacity machines is mounted on four rollers that glide along these slotted rails and allow rapid positioning. Additionally, these rollers allow the moveable unit to compensate for any changes in specimen length during loading. The standard maximum distance between chucks is 7ft ( approx 2.1m); however, other lengths can be provided.
- Torque measurement accuracy: +/- 0.5% of indicated torque from 0.2% to 100% capacity
- Position measurement accuracy: +/- 0.1% of reading or 0.05°, whichever is greater
- Speed accuracy: +/- 0.1% of set speed
- Operating temperature range: 32-100°F (0-38°C)
- Storage temperature range: 14-115°F (-10- 45°C)
- Humidity range: 10-90% non-condensing, wet bulb method
- Power: standard optional voltages 220/240 VAC, 50-60Hz; power must be free of spikes and surges exceeding 10% of the nominal voltage
Options & Accessories
- Torsional pickups can be fitted directly to the sample for exact measurement of the angle of twist