The 1ST is designed for tension, compression, flexure and shear strength testing on materials and assemblies. The robust design incorporates quality materials and components and ensures that our reputation for superior system performance, ease of use, and longevity is maintained.
A variety of loadcells are available at differing capacities that give precise applied load measurements from the smallest test specimen to ones that go to full machine capacity. Test machines become complete, powerful test systems with the addition of grips to hold the specimen, strain measurement instrumentation and Tinius Olsen’s Horizon software.
Features & Benefits
- Suitable for tension, compression, flexure, shear and other tests to maximum force of 1kN/200lbf
- Single column design allows compact, economical and easy testing
- Various system interface options available, from a familiar tethered handheld interface, a wireless Bluetooth interface panel, or virtual machine controller
- All interface options integrate with Horizon data analysis software
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of national and international standard for materials testing systems
- Four full-length T slots built into machine column to allow accessories to be securely mounted to the test frame
- Built-in pneumatic distribution ports that provide local air supply to pneumatic grips
Options & Accessories
- Test frame can be extended by up to 254mm/10in to increase test area size
- Grips and fixtures can be easily mounted securely with a simple locking pin, which also allows simple and rapid changes
- Full range of precision extensometers and deflectometers are available using video, laser, encoder, strain gauge and/or LVDT technologies
- Tinius Olsen’s Horizon software can be connected to the tester by the operator