The model IT503 plastics impact tester, together with the model IT504, continues to set the industry standard for versatility, ease of operation and display of information with high resolution. The primary difference between the IT503 and the IT504 is that the model IT504 is supplied without the interlocking safety shielding.
These machines are capable of determining impact resistance using either a Charpy or Izod configuration, without changing the entire pendulum.
The user attaches the appropriate striking tup on the pendulum, and the specimen clamp or anvils in the base of the unit, to test plastics in accordance with ASTM D256 (Izod Impact), ISO 179 (Charpy Impact), ISO 180 (Izod Impact), ASTM D6110 (Charpy Impact), ASTM D4812 (Unnotched Cantilever Beam Impact), ASTM D4508 (Chip impact), ASTM D950 (Adhesive Bond Impact), and other similar standards.
Features & Benefits
- Aerodynamic compound pendulum
- Selectable energy units of J, in.lbf, ft.lbf, kgf.m and kgf.cm
- Selectable impact resistance/strength calculations in ft.lbf/in, J/m, in.lbf/in, kgf.m/m, ft.lbf/in2, kJ/m2, in.lbf/in2 or kgf.m/m2
- Break type input options of complete, hinge, partial, non-break and necking
- Automatic or manual toss correction
- Auto-calibration for bearing windage and friction
- Automatic or manual update of specimen number
- Real-time display of energy is available for verifying the display accuracy against traceable measurements of pendulum height and weight
- On the model IT503, interlocked safety doors ensure that the pendulum cannot be released with the doors open
Options & Accessories
- Low temperature chambers
- Separate 0.5J, 1J and 50J hammers