Suitable for most twin screw materials testing machines, the Tinius Olsen Environmental Chamber provides a means for performing physical tests within a temperature range of -100-350°C (-148-662°F).
Air is forced over the heating elements located in an insulated enclosure protecting the user and forced into the working chamber area top and bottom. It is then drawn back through the centre of the chamber, through a baffler to the heating elements and recirculated.
Controller type Eurotherm model 3016 for single thermocouple temperature control configuration. Optional sub-zero temperature testing is available via a self-pressurising liquid nitrogen Dewar.
Door is left hinged. Safety interlock operated by door hinge cut heating process when door is opened. Viewing window is central to door 350mm high by 170mm wide. supports use of non contacting extensometer and deflectometers.
The chamber is supported on a frame located between the columns of the testing machine. When the chamber is not in use, the chamber can be rolled back and parked clear of the operating area.
- Operating temperature range: -100 to 350°C/-148 to 662°F
- Sample Time: Thermocouple 62.5ms (16Hz)
- Measurement inputs: Accuracy ±0.1% of reading when subjected to an appropriate field calibration. 50ms ramp
- Temperature stability: +/-2°C
Dimensions & Power
- Internal dimensions (WxDxH): Height 610mm, width 240mm, depth 230mm
- External dimensions (WxDxH): Height 760mm, width 350mm, depth 650mm
- Window dimensions: 350 x 170mm
- Power: 230V, single phase, 50Hz, 4.2kW
- Weight including controller: 65kg/143lb