Suitable for most twin screw materials testing machines, the Tinius Olsen Environmental Chamber provides a means for performing physical tests within a temperature range of -70-300°C (-95-570°F). An internal radial fan provides efficient air circulation that minimizes temperature gradients throughout the chamber.
A digital controller ensures accurate temperature control. Optional sub-zero temperature testing is available via a self-pressurising liquid nitrogen Dewar.
The chamber door is fitted with a triple glazed window for viewing the test area and also scanning the sample for strain measurements when using the Tinius Olsen 500L laser extensometer. When liquid nitrogen is used, a demisting facility is fitted.
The chamber is supported on a frame located between the columns of the testing machine. When the chamber is not in use, the chamber can be rolled back and parked clear of the operating area.
- Operating temperature range: Ambient to 300°C/570°F
- Optional temperature range: -70-300°C/-94-570°F
- Temperature gradient: +/-1°C after 30 minutes within 80% center volume of chamber
- Temperature stability: +/-1°C after 30 minutes
Dimensions & Power
- Internal dimensions (WxDxH): 250 x 245 x 605mm/9.8 x 9.6 x 23.8in
- External dimensions (WxDxH): 355 x 650 x 750mm/14 x 25.6 x 29.5in
- Window dimensions: 320 x 140mm/12.6 x 5.5in
- Power: 110/220VAC, 50/60Hz, 3kW
- Weight including controller: 62kg/137lb