Marshall Stability Test Equipment is used by highway departments, contractors, engineers, testing laboratories and other government agencies to test the stability of bituminous samples. It is used for measurement of resistance to plastic flow of cylindrical specimens of bituminous paving mixture loaded on the lateral surface.
The machine can provide measurement data for use with hot mixture containing asphalt or tar and aggregate up to 25.4mm maximum size. The equipment comprises a bench top loading frame with a screw-driven adjustable crosshead.
The Marshall Stability Test Machines are available in two models: digital, using a loadcell to measure force and an LVDT to measure displacement; and a non-digital version that uses a proving ring to measure force and a micrometer to measure displacement.
Features & Benefits
- Single speed, bench top load frame
- Maximum loading capacity of 50kN
- Geared screw jack and motor drive
- Precise speed
- Limit switch protection for both upward and downward movement
Options & Accessories
- TO-55002 Compaction mold
- TO-55003 Base plate
- TO-55004 Extension collar
- TO-55005 Compaction pedestal suitable for 4in diameter specimen
- TO-55006 Compaction rammer 10lb
- TO-55018-1 Sample ejector (hydraulic) for 4in diameter specimen