The Benkelman Beam uses a balanced beam in conjunction with a suitable vehicle to measure road flexure. It is a convenient, accurate device for measuring the deflection of flexible pavements under moving wheel loads.
Operating on a simple lever arm principle, the unit consists of a reference beam, body, two-part probe beam and rear zero adjust. The equipment is supplied with a wooden carrying case.
Features & Benefits
- Applicable Standards: AASHTO T-256
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Easy to transport
- Unique telescopic design to simplify field set-up
- Compact, reduced storage space needed
Standard & Optional Accessories
Supplied as standard:
- Dial gage with TO-566-1
- Digital gage with TO-566-1D
- TO-072 Dial gage for TO-566-1
- TO-072-DG Digital gage for TO-566-1D