The Model 603 HDTM and the Model 303 HDTM are the latest generation of Tinius Olsen’s digitally controlled Automatic Deflection Temperature/Vicat test equipment. The 603 HDTM is capable of testing up to six different specimens simultaneously and the smaller 303 HDTM can test up to three specimens simultaneously, both with an automated testing sequence that proceeds according to user defined control and configuration parameters.
The basic Model 603 HDTM includes a six-station bath, two test stations and a handheld terminal. Up to four more stations can be added. The basic Model 303 HDTM includes a three-station bath, two test stations and a handheld terminal. Each test frame can be configured with optional accessories for either Vicat or deflection temperature testing, including 100mm/4in edgewise or 64mm flatwise deflection temperature. Additionally, the machines are ready to be linked to Tinius Olsen’s Horizon software so that the PC can configure the controller, collect the test data, generate a test report and save the results.
All test stations are pneumatically raised from the bath at the touch of a button on the handheld terminal, allowing easy placement of the test specimens. Once the specimens are loaded into the respective test positions, all stations are lowered collectively into the oil bath and the test can start.
Features & Benefits
- Conforms to ISO 75, ISO 306, ASTM D648, and ASTM D1525
- Fully automatic control of entire test cycle
- Bath has port with an exhaust fan to remove interior oil fumes
- Air bearing-guided loading rods for virtually friction-free load application
- Electronic transducers integrated into the loading rod assemblies for 0.001mm resolution of deflection or penetration
- Loading nose and rod assemblies provide 76g nominal load for ISO 75 ‘flatwise’ deflection temperature tests on 4mm x 10mm specimens at 0.45 Mpa stress
- Built-in heat exchanger on the 603 for rapid system cool down
- Pneumatic station lift for easy specimen insertion and removal
- Automatic correction for thermal expansion of test frames
- Built-in specimen basket to catch any dislodged specimens
- Accessories available include additional test stations, deflection temperature loading noses, Vicat loading noses and needles, weights, 64mm span supports for ‘flatwise’ deflection temperature testing (the stations are predrilled to accept these supports)
- For easy testing control and data storage using a PC
- User selected reporting and exporting formats including report generation in HTML format
- Built-in SPC programs for X bar, R, and frequency distribution charts and histograms
- Produces temperature vs penetration (or deflection) for individual stations in real time
- Test mode allows configuring, running, and saving of tests and results
- Recall mode permits viewing of previously saved results and performs database maintenance
- Demo mode simplifies operator training
- Two levels of password protection