The machine at hand is the model TO316E-DG and has a maximum testing capacity of 338,000lbf/,500kN. It is primarily designed for testing 100mm/4in and 150mm/6in cubes and concrete cylinders that are 100mm/4in and 150mm/6in diameter. The tester features a four-column loading frame with a DG series pumping unit, and a touchscreen electronic display that can be mounted on top of the machine. These highly robust frames feature exceptional stability when testing concrete cylinders or cubes.
The large lower bearing block includes a bellows, which prevents leaks caused by dust and debris getting into the loading piston. The other advantage of this large bearing block is that it allows for a 12in horizontal entrance opening and plenty of ready access for loading and removing specimens. Additionally, these machines offer an optional chute for quick removal of completed specimens and rapid cleaning of the test area. This series also includes the rapid change platen system that allows operators to quickly and easily change accessories, switching between cylinder, block, cube and beam specimen testing.
Features & Benefits
- Applicable Standards: BS 1881, ASTM C 78-02, BS EN 12390-5:2000
- Lightweight, rugged high strength frame
- Automatic stress determination and display
- Maximum capacity of either frame is 1,500kN/338,000lbf
- For testing cubes and cylinders of 100mm and 150mm
- TO-316E-DG-01 1500kN, Pillar-type digital compression tester configured for 110VAC, 60Hz
- TO-316E-DG-02 1500kN, Pillar-type digital compression tester configured for 220VAC, 60Hz
- TO-316E-DG-03 1500kN, Pillar-type digital compression tester configured for 220VAC, 50Hz