The model 1500SL is designed for tension, compression, flexure and shear strength testing on materials and assemblies. The robust design incorporates quality materials and components and ensures that our reputation for superior system performance, ease of use, and longevity is maintained.
Tinius Olsen’s hydraulic testers have long been recognized as the standard for accuracy, dependability and versatility in universal testing machines. The many thousands of testers currently in use throughout the world attest to this fact. Now more than ever, the SL series represents the highest standard in hydraulically powered universal testing machines.
Features & Benefits
- Suitable for tension, compression, transverse, shear and other tests to a maximum force of 1500kN/300,000lbf
- Four-column rugged design allows larger samples to be tested
- Friction-free piston operation allows smooth, controlled operation and minimal down-time
- Various system interface options available, from a familiar tethered handheld interface, a wireless Bluetooth interface panel, or virtual machine controller
- All interface options integrate with Horizon data analysis software
Options & Accessories
- Crossheads can be closed, semi-open or fully open for easier specimen loading and unloading
- Columns can be extended by up to 914mm/36in to increase test area size
- Top crosshead can be made adjustable and columns can be notched to allow the adjustable top crosshead to be repositioned for more comfortable working height
- In-head pocket grips can be supplied to accommodate flat or round tensile specimens
- Full range of precision extensometers and deflectometers are available using video, laser, encoder, strain gauge and/or LVDT technologies
- Furnaces and environmental chambers can be installed for tests at high or low temperatures
- Safety enclosures with interlocks can be installed to protect operators from violent specimen breaks